Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Southwest sausage potato hand pies takes your favorite frozen Simply Potato Southwest Style Hash Browns to make a delicious appetizer or main dish. Golden butter biscuit crust filled with maple pork sausage, black beans, Simply Potato Southwest Style Hash Browns, and pepper jack cheese- a mouth-watering combination that is out of this world!
- 1⁄2 lb maple bulk pork sausage
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 count)
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In 10-inch skillet, cook maple pork sausage over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Remove sausage from skillet; set aside.
- Separate biscuits and roll each biscuit into a 5-inch round. In a medium bowl combine maple sausage, southwest style hash browns, black beans, and shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Equally divide sausage potato mixture on half of each biscuit round. Fold other half over sausage filling; press edges with fingers to seal.
- Place mini southwest style hand pies on a large nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with your favorite salsa.