Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Southwest sausage potato hand pies takes your favorite frozen Simply Potato Southwest Style Hash Browns to make a delicious appetizer or main dish. Golden butter biscuit crust filled with maple pork sausage, black beans, Simply Potato Southwest Style Hash Browns, and pepper jack cheese- a mouth-watering combination that is out of this world!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In 10-inch skillet, cook maple pork sausage over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Remove sausage from skillet; set aside.
- 2Separate biscuits and roll each biscuit into a 5-inch round. In a medium bowl combine maple sausage, southwest style hash browns, black beans, and shredded pepper jack cheese.
- 3Equally divide sausage potato mixture on half of each biscuit round. Fold other half over sausage filling; press edges with fingers to seal.
- 4Place mini southwest style hand pies on a large nonstick cookie sheet.
- 5Bake 11 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with your favorite salsa.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwest Style Sausage Potato-Jack Hand Pies #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.0
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 72.9 mg
- Sodium 1006.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Southwest Style Hash Browns