Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is from "Woman's World", January 31, 2006. This is a great twist on meatloaf! Try it for yourself and see what you think!
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 lbs ground chuck (or beef of your choice)
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus additional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine BBQ sauce, chile pepper, and cumin. In a large bowl combine 1/2 cup BBQ sauce mixture with beef, breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup cheese, chiles, eggs, green onions, cilantro, and salt.
- Shape into 10"x4" loaf.
- Place in a roasting pan.
- Spread with remaining BBQ sauce mixture. Bake 1 hour.
- Sprinkle meatloaf with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro.
- If you do not need to serve the entire meatloaf, wrap it and refrigerate .
This was okay, not as much flavor as I thought it would have. 3lbs of meat seems a little to much. May cut it back to 2lbs and see if the flavor comes thru better.