Recipe by Punky Julster
So good it's like getting dessert early. I always double or triple it. I use canned potatoes for this but you can bake your own. Adjust the sweetness for your liking. We also make extra topping since everyone loves it.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients, EXCEPT topping ingredients, together with a hand mixer.
- Put potato mix in a buttered casserole dish or 9x13 pan.
- Mix all topping ingredients together and sprinkle on potato mix.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for another 20 minutes.