1/1 Photo of Southern Sweet Cornbread - Budget
A twist on traditional Southern cornbread! Easy and inexpensive to make. I usually make this with Fried Pork Chops, and everyone loves it! If you're on a budget, this is great, because the mix itself is less than a dollar! You'll find it at most grocery stores in the cake mix aisle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In medium sized mixing bowl, combine corn muffin mix, milk, and egg.
- 3Add creamed corn to mix and use a wooden spoon or wire whisk to mix.
- 4Scrape into 2 quart casserole dish, spreading evenly.
- 5Sprinkle top with rosemary if desired.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or edges are brown and toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Sweet Cornbread - Budget
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.0
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 359.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g