Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A twist on traditional Southern cornbread! Easy and inexpensive to make. I usually make this with Fried Pork Chops, and everyone loves it! If you're on a budget, this is great, because the mix itself is less than a dollar! You'll find it at most grocery stores in the cake mix aisle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, combine corn muffin mix, milk, and egg.
- Add creamed corn to mix and use a wooden spoon or wire whisk to mix.
- Scrape into 2 quart casserole dish, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle top with rosemary if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or edges are brown and toothpick comes out clean.
This was exactly the taste and texture I was looking for. I added one half of a can of corn with the one half of a can of sweet corn. PERFECT!!!<br/>Thanks for posting!
This was really good! I had a bit of a problem with it crumbling when I was taking it out of the pan after cutting, so next time I will make muffins instead. Thanks!
This is the BEST cornbread. My cornbread always turns out dry and crumbly. That was definitely not the case here. I didn't add the rosemary simply because we never add any herbs or spices to our cornbread. This cornbread was so moist and delicious. Putting honey butter on it took it up a whole other notch also. Thanks for this wonderful recipe. So easy and cheap. I'll be making this a lot.