Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe my BFs father gave me. This cornbread goes with his fav bean recipe. I myself being from Texas am used to sweet cornbread. Ive yet to try this but hope it turns out well COOK TIME IS APPROXIMATE!!
- 16 ounces self rising cornmeal mix (1 lbs.)
- 4 tablespoons self rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Beat together all ingredients. Mix in enough water to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour mixture into a 9 X 9 pyrex baking dish.
- Bake until crust is gloden brown.
- Butter and Enjoy!