Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
People in the know pronounce this "praw-leens". A deliciously flavored candy from the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time approximate.
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (halved or chopped)
- Cook sugar, butter and cream together to 237F on a candy thermometer or to soft ball stage.
- Add cinnamon and nuts; beat until nearly cold.
- Drop from the dip of the spoon onto buttered platter, marble slab or onto waxed paper.