Recipe by Miss Annie
A tasty way to bake chicken. The pecans make a wonderful crust. For a variation, try with a teaspoon of Blackend Chicken seasoning instead of the black pepper and salt. Prep time includes soaking time.
Top Review by Blayke Humphrey
I knew that it was going to have a subtle taste, but I think it was a bit too subtle. A bit on the bland side. It was relatively easy to make, and I served it over rice pilaf. I might try a different honey next time.....there are so many varieties, and after trying a few you begin to really tell the difference.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 4 cups ice water
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecan meal (ground pecans)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, course ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken breasts in iced salt water for 1/2 hour.
- Beat milk with honey, then add beaten eggs, salt, and fresh ground pepper.
- Put egg wash in one shallow bowl, and pecan meal in another.
- Dip chicken breasts in the egg wash, then in the pecan meal, patting the meal into the chicken to form a crust.
- Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375º for 35 minutes, or until the breasts are done through.