Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
From the cook book "Southernliving Christmas", I am keeping it here for safe keeping. Looks easy with only a handful of ingredients. Time does not include chilling time
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve cold.
Simple but tasty! Tomatoes were on sale here so I bought a lot of them and this is one of the recipes I made with them. It is spicy but not overpoweringly so. I like the green onions in it opposed to normal onions because I find that normal onions can make the onion flavoured too strong sometimes in fresh salsas. I would make this again. Thanks! Made for ZWT 8.