1/1 Photo of Southern Living Granny Smith Apple Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Megan V's Note:
This is the most amazing apple pie I have ever made and it is super easy! The filling comes out moist and gooey and has the perfect blend of spices. Perfect for a cool Fall evening! (This is a Southern Living recipe)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Unroll and stack 2 pie crusts; gently roll or press together.
- 2Fit pastry into a 9 inch deep-dish pie plate.
- 3Toss together apples and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- 4Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, and next 3 ingredients; sprinkle over apple mixture and toss to coat.
- 5Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- 6Unroll and place remaining pie crust over filling.
- 7Fold edges under, and crimp; cut slits in top for steam to escape. (I also cover the crimped edges of my crust with foil to prevent burning).
- 8Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees, and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Living Granny Smith Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.8
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 506.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 66.9 g
- Protein 8.1 g