Southern Green Beans and Potatoes
- Fry the bacon or the ham hock until the fat starts to render out.
- Add canned green beans, including the water in the can.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the potatoes and just enough water to cover; cook for about 25 minutes.
- For fresh green beans:.
- Sauté the pork after you have washed and cut the green beans in half; add to pot. Cover with water. Add salt and pepper and cook until tender on low heat.
- Add in potatoes and cook a little longer until the potatoes are done.