Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
A friend's mom passed this on to me. She and her husband had to relocate to Puerto Rico for his job and they spent quite a bit of time down there. When she came home, she brought a ton of new recipes to pass on to us. She and her husband had this at a small restaurant and they wouldn't give up the recipe. This is her take on it.
Top Review by ItalianPrincess3
I loved the sandwich but I made it without the almonds. The tarragon gave it a nice touch. I used dried tarragon instead of the leaves. I also added my chips into my sandwich. Love the crunch! A nice dill pickle on the side and I was ready to go!
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dried tarragon leaf, leaves crushed
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) chunk chicken breasts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- dill pickle
- potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- MIX mayonnaise, sour cream, and tarragon.
- Stir in chicken, almonds and celery; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour to marry the flavors.
- When serving, divide the chicken salad between 2 bread slices.
- Top with lettuce and remaining bread slices.
- Serve with a dill pickle and potato chips.