Recipe by luv2cooklouisiana
This is a favorite of the families in our town! This treat seems to show up at EVERY function and there is never any leftover! Some serve it topped with jam or jelly, but I find it is best with a raspberry chipotle sauce. Super easy, pretty presentation and incredibly yummy.
- 4 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped green onion (depends on personal taste)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup raspberry chipotle sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cheese, pecans and green onions in a large mixing bowl and stir to mix.
- Add mayonnaise and stir until throughly and evenly mixed. (May wish to use a hard, scoop type spatula.).
- Spray tube or bundt pan lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop cheese mixture and place it into the pan, gently pressing mixture evenly around tube.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- To serve:.
- Invert the ring onto a plate and drizzle raspberry chipotle sauce (I use Fischer Weiser "The Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce) evenly over the ring. May add more sauce if needed. Garnish with parsley, fresh raspberries and/or sprigs of mint if desired. Also looks very pretty sitting on a bed of ruffled lettuce.
- NOTE: If the ring does not come out easily, run hot water in the kitchen sink and let the pan sit in water for a couple of minutes. Make sure the water is not too deep or it will run into the cheese ring!