1/8 Photos of South West Cauliflower With a Zing
We love cauliflower in our house. This is an awesome and different way to prepare it with a South- West flavour! ***This recipe has been modified slightly May 30/06
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 coarsely chopped garlic clove
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Steam cauliflower just until tender; drain. Melt butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- 3In a jar with a lid combine.
- 4flour, red pepper, salt, pepper, garlic and milk; shake until blended.
- 5Slowly add to butter or margarine in saucepan, stirring constantly until smooth. Add cheese and continue stirring until smooth and thickened.
- 6Add more milk to make a roux.
- 7(Thick sauce but not paste).
- 8Stir in chilies.
- 9Arrange cauliflower in a 2 quart baking dish; pour sauce over cauliflower, then sprinkle with bread crumbs if desired.
- 10Bake 5 to 10 min or until bubbling.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South West Cauliflower With a Zing
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.3
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 221.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g