Recipe by Lizzie Rodriquez
From newest book. Haven't tried. Quick enough for a weekdaay morning yet fun enough for a lazy Saturday, this breakfast quesadilla provides an energizing start to the day. Add a spoonful of salsa if you like.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 wheat flour tortilla, 8 inch
- 2 ounces reduced fat pepper jack cheese, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add egges, reduce heat to medium, and scramble until cooked but still moist, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully wipe the pan with a paper towel and return to medium heat. Add tortilla and cook on both sides until warmed through, abotu 1 minute.
- Leaving tortilla in the pan, top half of it with cheese and then the eggs; fold the other half over to form a quesadilla. Cook on both sides until heated through, 1 minute longer. Transfer to a cutting board, cut in half, and serve.