Recipe by TheDancingCook
A sweet and filling breakfast for the low carb dieter. For those following the South Beach Diet, this is Phase I friendly. This recipe is adapted from an online SBD forum.
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 g sugar substitute
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (1 g) packet sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crepe mix, beat the eggs in a small mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients and beat until well blended.
- Spray a small skillet, crepe or omelette pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour the crepe mixture into skillet/pan and cook on medium heat until almost cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine together the crepe filling ingredients.
- Flip crepe and cook just a bit more; put filling mixture in a line down the middle and roll crepe over top and cook until done.
- *You can also flip this like a pancake and top it with the ricotta filling, rather than rolling it over.
- *Top with sprinkled ground cinnamon, sugar free syrup or a squirt of Redi Whip, optional.