1/1 Photo of South Beach Diet Breakfast Crepes With Ricotta Cocoa Filling
A sweet and filling breakfast for the low carb dieter. For those following the South Beach Diet, this is Phase I friendly. This recipe is adapted from an online SBD forum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 g sugar substitute
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1For the crepe mix, beat the eggs in a small mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients and beat until well blended.
- 2Spray a small skillet, crepe or omelette pan with non stick cooking spray.
- 3Pour the crepe mixture into skillet/pan and cook on medium heat until almost cooked through.
- 4Meanwhile, combine together the crepe filling ingredients.
- 5Flip crepe and cook just a bit more; put filling mixture in a line down the middle and roll crepe over top and cook until done.
- 6*You can also flip this like a pancake and top it with the ricotta filling, rather than rolling it over.
- 7*Top with sprinkled ground cinnamon, sugar free syrup or a squirt of Redi Whip, optional.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Beach Diet Breakfast Crepes With Ricotta Cocoa Filling
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 400.4 mg
- Sodium 257.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 23.1 g