- 7 ounces button mushrooms, thoroughly washed and dried
- extra virgin olive oil
- cider vinegar, as needed
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 4 peppercorns
- fresh parsley, finely chopped,as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the mushrooms in a skillet and add just enough olive oil to coat them all.
- Fry them over very low heat until they are just tender.
- Transfer them to an oven-proof dish and pour in just enough cider vinegar to come half-way up the shrooms.
- Add the bayleaf and peppercorns.
- Cook in a slow oven (approximately 300° Fahrenheit) for 1 hour.
- Chill the mushrooms.
- Roll them in finely chopped parsley and serve them on cocktail sticks in Bloody Marys or with chilled tomato juice, or serve them any other way as the mood strikes.