Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From a NZ magazine
- 2 tablespoons Guinness stout
- 25 g butter, softened
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 -4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Mix the Guiness, butter and cheese together.
- Add mustard and season.
- Spread the cheese mixture onto the toasted sourdough and cook under a very hot grill (broil) until browned and bubbly.
Hi Ma Duck, a wonderful "go with" for a broth or alone! I love this! I make it just as posted but add a pinch or two of crushed red pepper flakes to give it more of a zip! The secret to this is the kind of cheese you use -- it has got to be good cheddar. Thank you so much for posting and sharing, Diane :)