Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This bread is great with soup,or any entree.Wonderful while still warm and served with butter
- 1 package yeast
- 59.14 ml very warm water
- 236.59 ml sour cream, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 9.85 ml butter
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml dill weed
- 354.88 ml flour
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 295.73-354.88 ml rye flour
- 1 egg white
- 29.58 ml water
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In large mixing bowl,combine sour cream,egg,butter,salt,sugar,dill(5 and 1 cup flour.
- Stir in yeast mixture.
- Beat for 1 minute on medium,scraping sides of bowl often.
- Stir in remaining flour,cheese and enough rye flour to make stiff dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead til smooth and elastic,about 5 minutes.
- Place in buttered bowl,turn to butter top.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled (about 1 and 1/2 hours) Punch dough down.
- Shape in ball.
- Place in buttered 8 inch round cake pan.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Cover and let rise,til doubled (about 1 hour) Beat egg white and water and brush over top of bread.
- Bake at 375 degrees,35 to 40 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack.
A lovely Bread,smells wonderful whilst baking.
Wow, this was really good. I thought it was so easy to make. I may put more dill in it next time, we really like the dill. But the taste was sublime, my whole family loved it.
Very nice bread, different with the dill and parmesan cheese. My daughter really it and used a dipping oil to eat with it.