2 hrs 45 mins
This bread is great with soup,or any entree.Wonderful while still warm and served with butter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2In large mixing bowl,combine sour cream,egg,butter,salt,sugar,dill(5 and 1 cup flour.
- 3Stir in yeast mixture.
- 4Beat for 1 minute on medium,scraping sides of bowl often.
- 5Stir in remaining flour,cheese and enough rye flour to make stiff dough.
- 6Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead til smooth and elastic,about 5 minutes.
- 7Place in buttered bowl,turn to butter top.
- 8Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled (about 1 and 1/2 hours) Punch dough down.
- 9Shape in ball.
- 10Place in buttered 8 inch round cake pan.
- 11Brush with melted butter.
- 12Cover and let rise,til doubled (about 1 hour) Beat egg white and water and brush over top of bread.
- 13Bake at 375 degrees,35 to 40 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- 14Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Dill Bread
Serving Size: 1 (772 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1944.8
- Calories from Fat 651
- Total Fat 72.4 g
- Saturated Fat 41.2 g
- Cholesterol 354.8 mg
- Sodium 3021.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 264.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.1 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 60.8 g