1/1 Photo of Sour Cream Chicken Macaroni Casserole
This was the first casserole I ever made, and it is still by far my favourite! The sour cream along with the green olives and cheese makes this casserole very flavourful. The amounts of the olives, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms can be varied based on your own personal preference, my measurements are just a guideline. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper (about half of a large bell pepper)
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 2 cups colby cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken (about 1 chicken breast)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs, tossed with a few teaspoons melted butter, for topping chicken casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook and drain macaroni, following package directions; place in a large mixing bowl.
- 3In a large skillet, melt butter over medium low heat. Add chicken and cook until browned.
- 4Add chopped onion, mushrooms, and chopped green bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until onion is softened and mushrooms are browned.
- 5Add skillet mixture to macaroni with chopped olives, shredded cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper, chicken, and milk.
- 6Transfer chicken and macaroni mixture to a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- 7Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs over the top of macaroni and chicken casserole.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken casserole is bubbly and breadcrumbs are lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Chicken Macaroni Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.4
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 342.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives