Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, easy & tasty. This recipe is from the Cambell Soup collection - I love it
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 can campbell cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries or 3 tablespoons craisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- salt & pepper
- Saute the chicken in the tbsp oil until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover& simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
I'll admit I was a bit skeptical when I decided to make this - it seemed like an odd combination of ingredients...but it turned out wonderful! I couldn't decided between 4 or 5 starts, but it gets 5 for it's minimal ingredients, easy preparation, and cost efficiency! It was "souper" easy but tasted like it took longer than the half hour or so it took to prepare. My husband was giving me odd looks as I prepared it - also skeptical of the cranberries. I used orange flavored "Craisins" and added a bit more orange juice to enhance the flavor. I cut my chicken into cubes and served this dish over rice. It was great and I'll definately make it again!
Absolutely SOUPER supper!!another keeper Bergy. Wonderful taste and lots of taste. I used the dried cranberries, first time I've tried them, they add a wonderful sweetness to the dish as does the sage.Almost a taste of Christmas. The chicken was very moist, we loved the cranberry/orange taste. Thanks for sharing another great taste!!
This recipe tasted OK, but it was a little too bland for our taste. It was very quick and easy to make, but I wouldn't bother to make it again.