Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best vegan mac n' cheese I've ever had! The recipe comes from the Soul Vegetarian Cook Book, but I've only had this at their restaurants. I'm trying it tomorrow--I'll let you know how it goes!
- Boil water in medium sauce pan and add noodles. Turn off the heat. Let macaroni stand in hot water until al dente (about 5 minutes). Drain in colander. Run cold water over noodles to stop cooking process.
- Blend tofu and soy milk in blender until smooth. Pour into mixing bowl. Add tahini, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and salt to taste. Mix until smooth.
- Add noodles to cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Place in lightly oiled casserole dish, top with pats of margarine.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before slicing.