Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This delicious souflette makes a lovely main course for one or a posh breakfast for two - beats boring old scrambled eggs and smoked salmon hands down.
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, plus a sprig to garnish
- 50 g smoked salmon, trimmings roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg yolks, garlic and tarragon, and season. Stir in the smoked salmon.
- In a seperate bowl, whiskthe egg whites until they form soft peaks, then fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan and pour in the egg mixture. Cook gently over a low to medium heat for 2-3 minutes until golden brown underneath. You can check how brown the omlette is by gently lifting the edge with a knife.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Sprikle the parmesan over the omelette and pop under the grill for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and set. Slide onto a plate and serve.
Made this for dinner tonight. Very easy to make and quite enjoyable. Followed the recipe exactly a written.