Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup fresh sorrel or 1⁄3 cup arugula, packed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives or 2 tablespoons green onion tops, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
I found this quite fascinating! Full of vibrant, fresh flavors. I did use both arugula and sorrel along with the rest of the the ingredients. I did make 1/2 the recipe. I didn`t use salt no need! I serve this over grilled asparagus and grilled ramps. Thanks!
This is a different tasting sauce. I used it over vegetables and it overpowered them. This was the first time using sorrel so I'm not sure if it is getting used to the taste. I will make it again and give it another try.