Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
No joke, this simple concotion from the famous, Vermont Folk Medicine book by D.C. Jarvis works like a miracle, but it's just Mother Nature at work for us. Apple Cider Vinegar is known to have so many medicinal/healing attributes, so put this one to work for your sore or strep throat. Yep....strep. This will knock the crapola out of the bacteria that's tryin' to knock the crap out of you. Be very sure that you are using real apple cider vinegar, as Heinz now makes an apple cider vinegar "flavored" liquid. (WHY??)
- Add vinegar to water.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and gargle with it, spitting it out.
- Immediately take another tablespoon of the mixture, gargle and swallow it.
- Okay, okay, so it isn't a taste treat, but you want to get better right?
- So now every hour, take another tablespoon of the mixture, gargle and swallow.
- Money back guarantee if you are not feeling better in 24 hours.
- If strep throat is bothering you, keep this up for at least 48 hours- apple cider vinegar beats the heck out of costly antibiotics.
I've been doing this for years. I'm glad you posted it! It really helps! Sometimes, If I have a lot of mucus in my throat, I gargle the vinegar straight, swallow a bit, and wait a few minutes. Then, drink some water. That's just for the stubborn stuff though. Everyone should know about this.
It can knock out heartburn too if you drink the vinegar with water and honey.
Had plans for the next day but my throat hurt so bad, I knew I'd have to cancel plans and see a doctor instead if my throat didn't improve. I had tried gargling with salt water earlier, but that didn't do a thing. As a last resort, I started this gargle in the early evening and used it about every 1/2 hour til bedtime. The following day I felt great with just a very slight sore throat. I will definitely keep this recipe and use it at the first sign of sore throat from now on. Thank you so much DeSouter!
I joined this site just to give this five stars. Six hours ago, I was in agony. Swallowing was a painful chore. I've just a lump in my throat, and will continue treatment until that is gone. I can't thank the recipe poster enough for sharing, and thank the reviewers for giving it such accolades, prompting me to try it. Miracle cure, for sure!