Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet sparkling wine such as Asti Spumante brings effervescence to this colorful dessert.
Make and share this Sorbet-Melon Parfaits recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup chilled seeded watermelon balls
- 3⁄4 cup chilled seeded cantaloupe melon ball
- 3⁄4 cup chilled seeded honeydew balls
- 1 cup lemon sorbet (or mango sorbet)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet sparkling wine, chilled
- mint sprig (optional)
- Arrange melon balls among four wine glasses or goblets.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup sorbet atop melon.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons sparkling wine over sorbet and melon.
- If desired, garnish with mint sprigs. S.
- Serve immediately.
- Food exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Outstanding colorful parfait. All the things I love fruit, lemon sorbet and asti spumate I couldnt find any lemon sorbet so I made some, the sorbet had lemon zest and I found it enhanced the fruit so much and seemed to balance the sweetness of the asti spumante. Not only great for everyday but for a special event as well! Thanks Annacia.
Wonderful!! We are not big on "sweets" but we do like sorbet, and fruit, so this was PERFECT for us! I had everything needed on hand, but the Asti Spumante. So, I sent DH to the store while I was making dinner, and we had these for desert. I try not to change up a recipe that I am reviewing to rate, but in this case I did leave out the cantaloupe. I had both honeydew, and a small seedless watermelon in my fridge, because I love them.But I don't really like cantaloupe much, so I skipped it. But this was excellent even without it! I adored this and will have it again very soon.I loved drinking the Spumante and melted sorbet when the melon was gone. Thank you,thank you, Annacia this is a winner for us!