2 hrs 15 mins
Nothing could be tastier, or simpler, than this vibrant and refreshing lemon verbena sorbet on a hot summer's day. Wonderful! From 'The Herbfarm Cookbook'. Cook time is chill time. Note: For variation, you can make a lovely Scented Geranium Sorbet. Or, try an herbal addition. The pure flavor of lemon verbena blends well with other herbs. Herb Additions-- For a compound herb flavor, grind any of the following with the lemon verbena leaves and sugar: 1 cup sweet cicely leaves, 6 rose geranium leaves, 1/4 cup French or Mexican tarragon leaves, or 1/4 cup mint leaves.
My Private Note
quart o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup gently packed fresh lemon verbena leaf (or substitute 16 medium-size scented geranium leaves, such as old-fashioned rose or Mabel Gray lemon)
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups cold water
- fresh herb (optional herb additions, grind any of the following with the lemon verbena leaves and sugar, 1 cup s)
- 1Grind the lemon verbena leaves or scented geranium leaves (and fresh herbs, if using, such as: 1 cup sweet cicely leaves, 6 rose geranium leaves, 1/4 cup French or Mexican tarragon leaves, or 1/4 cup mint leaves) and sugar together in a food processor until the mixture turns into a bright green paste, about 30 seconds; stop to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- 2Add the lemon juice and process for 15 seconds longer, then add the water.
- 3Strain the resulting liquid through a fine sieve to remove any bits of leaf.
- 4Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- 5Note: If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can strain and freeze, stirring every half an hour until done.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sorbet a La Verveine - Homemade Lemon Verbena Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon verbena leaves