Prep 11 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is long lasting, easy to carry and discreet- you can just rub them on. Now you can carry your own personal scent just like the beauties of the olden times did such as Cleopatra, Nefertiti, Madame de Pompadour and Irene Langhorne(the original Gibson girl). Pour your blends into vintage compacts or pillboxes for a unique package to slip into a pocket or purse. Any fragrance can be given a solid form. One must bear in mind that oil-based scents will last longer. This recipe is from the book:Natural Beauty At Home by Janice Cox.
- 1 tablespoon beeswax, grated
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 8 drops essential oils, blend (refer below in instructions for the recipe)
- The essential oil blend could be either a Fruity one or a Spicy one or an Exotic one.
- To make a Fruity one, you will need 3 drops of peach oil, 3 drops of sweet orange oil and 2 drops of chamomile oil.
- To make a spicy one, you will need 3 drops of clove oil, 3 drops of sandalwood oil and 2 drops of cinnamon oil.
- To make an exotic one, you will need 5 drops of vanilla oil and 3 drops of ylang-ylang oil.
- To make the solid perfume, in a heat-resistant container or small saucepan, gently heat the beeswax and oil until the beeswax is melted.
- Stir in the scented oil (whichever of the above three combo you choose), or cologne.
- Pour into a clean container with a lid.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- To use: Rub your finger across the solid perfume.
- Apply the scent to your pulse points or wherever you wish.
I just made this, and it took less than 15 mins! I gave it 5 stars for the ease of it, while still getting a good product. I used two thirds jasmine EO, and one third sandalwood. It solidified pretty quick! Thanks so much!
I have used something similar to this one in the past. My only comment is when using citrus essential oils, is that they are photoscensitive. So watch your skin when out in the sun or you can burn very easily
Thanks for sharing... this will be great for my dd's as it last longer than liquid perfume.. plus alot safer to carry around in the purse & in the luggage on vacation...