Recipe by Chelsea^_^
This is a nice, light Japanese dish that is very filling. The recipe calls for Instant Dashi Powder, but I can never find that, so I use Miso Paste which is just as good. And the recipe also says to remove the roes from the scallops, but you don't have to.
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons instant dashi powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 90 g thin soba noodles
- 12 uncooked scallops, roes removed
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the water in a saucepan until boiling, add the dashi powder, soy sauce, ginger and carrot, then simmer, convered, for 6 minutes.
- While the broth simmers, cook the noodles in boiling water in a seperate saucepan for 4 minutes, then drain.
- Add the scallops to the broth and simmer for 2 minutes, remove from the heat, then add the noodles.
- Serve in bowls with the scallion scattered on top.