Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Most ingredients are already on hand! I freeze all but the sauce and then always have this meal handy for emergencies. (Frozen buns taste best when warmed and slightly taosted in the oven before serving)
- 1 jar Prego spaghetti sauce
- 12 submarine sandwich bread (Fresh from bakery is best)
- 15 -20 cooked meatballs (See my other recipie)
- 1 -2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large lipped skillet, warm Prego and meatballs together, let simmer 20 minutes.
- Ladle sauce mix onto buns.
- Top with Mozarella Cheese.
Very tasty! I sprayed the bread with butter and sprinkled some garlic salt on it before putting it in the toaster oven for a few minutes. Then I added the meatballs, sauce, and cheese and toasted the subs a little longer. Thanks for sharing.
PERFECT for a crazy weeknight and nothing fresh in the house. I really went no-cooking on this one and used frozen turkey meatballs and followed the rest of your recipe. Stuck it under the broiler for an ooey gooey finish. Served with a green salad after a long day at work and a quick run. Hit the spot!
yeppers - easy, quick and comfy. Teens love this