Recipe by Kay D.
From a cookbook entitled "Treasury of Christmas". This is a great family baking project, no matter the age. My family had a lot of fun with these.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package white cake mix
- 2 (16 ounce) containers vanilla frosting
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- 15 large marshmallows
- 15 reese miniature peanut butter cups
- 30 small pretzel sticks (for arms)
- 45 small red-hot candies (for buttons)
- green decorating gel (for eyes)
- red decorating gel (for nose)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line 15 regular sized muffin cups and 15 miniature muffin cups with paper liners.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Fill muffins cups approximately 1/2 full.
- Bake mini muffins about 12 minutes and bake regular muffins about 18 minutes, OR until they test done when inserting a toothpick into the center.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Remove paper liners after they are cooled.
- For each snowman:.
- Placing the regular size snowman upside down on your tray, frost the bottom (now the top) and sides of the cupcake and coat with coconut.
- Repeat with miniature cupcake (also placing upside down).
- Attach mini cupcake to regular sized cupcake with a dab of frosting to make the snowman body.
- Attach a marshmallow to mini cupcake with a dab of frosting to form snowman head.
- Attach upside down Reese's cup to marshmallow with a dab of frosting to form snowman hat.
- Make arms from the pretzels and place red-hot"buttons" down the front of the snowman.
- Pipe on eyes and nose with the decorating gels.
- Repeat with the remaining cupcakes.
- Makes 15 snowmen.