Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I call this sneaky smoothie because during transition to solid foods, our toddler refused to eat anything that was chunky..which pretty much ruled out all veggies and fruit. She absolutely loves this smoothie and even now I sneak in hard to eat fruits and carrots this way! I should add that this version is also our personal favorite and tastes divine when partially frozen. TIP: When you find yourself with over-ripe bananas, peel them and break them in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap and put inside a ziplock bag for smoothies or just for a nice summer treat (frozen bananas are easy to bite when frozen and replace sugar-laden popsicles at our house-you can even push a stick in one end of a banana half before freezing to make it easier to eat when frozen). You can substitute most any flavor yogurt (6 oz or 8 oz container) and frozen fruit that you want in any combination and it tastes wonderful! No extra honey or sugar or other sweeteners needed, you'll see!
- 1⁄2 frozen banana
- 1⁄2 cup dannon 'light n fit' vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice (or your favorite juice)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded or chopped organic baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries (or your favorite frozen fruit)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ (omit if allergy prone)
- Starting with liquid and adding veggies and frozen fruits in small amounts last, blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Can be partially frozen for a yummy frozen yogurt-like treat.
My 2 young DS's loved these! They tasted surprisingly good. Will definitely make again!