Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great healthy snack. Recipe donated by a family friend.
- 7 cups Rice Chex (Crispix and Chex work great) or 7 cups corn flakes cereal (Crispix and Chex work great)
- 1 cup miniature pretzel, sticks
- 1 cup bite size cheese crackers
- 1 cup cashews or 1 cup peanuts
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients together, coating cereal well.
- Spread into a shallow layer on a baking sheet (use one with sides, or the ingredients will slide off).
- Bake at 450°F for 45-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool on paper towels.
I believe 450 is a misprint in this recipe! I burned my first attempt within 15 minutes! I lowered the oven to 250, tried it again, and it came out great.
As soon as I put this out it was gone A great recipe, due to an allergy to ingredients in Worcestershire sauce, I left it out..It is a big hit with everyone in this household Thank you for a simple tasty recipe