Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this in a Southern Living magazine and I'm dying to try it! Prep is simple since it only has 5 ingredients. I will update this description once I make it. I will also be using 6 oz chicken breasts and I will adjust ingredients and time as necessary.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4-6 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium taco seasoning
- 12 canned whole green chilies, drained (I used jarred Pepperoncini for mine and whole canned jalapenos for my husband)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange chicken in an 8-inch square baking dish; squeeze lime juice evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning.
- Slice chiles lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side; open flat.
- Place 2 chiles over each chicken breast. For larger breasts, use enough chilies to cover completely.
- Cover dish with foil; bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over chiles and chicken; bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts. If you want to brown the cheese, turn your oven to broil for the last 5-7 minutes but watch carefully because it can burn quickly.