Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great with kids
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker, broken into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup marshmallows, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and baking soda, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, vanilla, nondairy-milk, chocolate chips, graham cracker pieces and marshmallows, mixing well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients; do not overmix.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of muffins comes out clean.
These were ok. I used sweetened applesauce, 2% milk, and added a 1/4 cup chocolate syrup because I was afraid they may not be sweet enough. Still, the taste was rather bland, and you couldnt taste the graham crackers at all. They did bake up very nicely though, and had a great shape and texture. I think with a little tweaking this could be a great muffin!