Recipe by WI Cheesehead
These are a hit with the kids! Made with whole wheat flour, you can sub. regular flour, if needed.
Top Review by CoffeeB
These are oh so oooey gooey and wonderful WI. The only thing I changed was using canola oil instead of olive. Oh and I used chocolate graham crackers instead of regular. Perfect. So glad I tagged. Made for Photoforum 08!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar or 1 1⁄4 cups sucanat
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄3 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 whole graham crackers, broken into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Using 100% vegetable shortening (not oil) grease then flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, olive oil and brown sugar.
- Stir in vanilla, egg substitute, flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Fold in marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker pieces.
- Spread in prepared baking pan.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until golden brown but still a little "soft" to the touch.
- Cool for ten minutes, then cut into bars while they are still warm (they will get harder while cooling.)
- Allow to cool completely before serving.