Recipe by MissLadybug
Fun potatoes that you can involve your kids in the making. Geat alternative to french fries.
Top Review by kellychris
I made these as directed EXCEPT I used Idaho potatoes(all I had). They were WONDERFUL! I bought a 10 lb. of RED potatoes today because I'm sure those would be EVEN BETTER. Thanks so much for giving me another way to do a sidedish!
- 6 small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup medium cheddar
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes with skin until wel cooked.
- Preheat oven to 425 deg.
- While potatoes are cooking prepare a large cookie sheet by spreading a generous amount of olive oil, followed by sprinkling salt and pepper over the oil and garlic powder.
- Remove potato from the water and cut in half.
- Place each piece of potato flat face down o the oiled cookie sheet. Leave some space between each piece.
- Smoosh down each piece of potato (i use a clean cloth over the potato to avoid burning myself on the hot potato).
- Throw in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, i just cook it until the bottom of potato gets really nicely browned and crispy.
- Once nicely browned, gently flip the potato over.
- Add some grated cheddar cheese over eac piece.
- Put in oven until cheese is melted an potato is completely crispy.
- Serve wih sour cream.