Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very high protein.
- 1 (500 g) eggplants
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup thick european-style plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 375 g tuna
- 400 g chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 400 g salad leaves (use any, e.g. lettuce, baby spinach, rocket)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook eggplant on a hot char-grill for 8 min, turning often, or until skin is blackened and flesh is soft. Allow to cool.
- Peel eggplant. Place eggplant flesh, garlic, yoghurt, cumin and lemon juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Season to taste.
- Combine tuna, chickpeas, salad leaves, olive oil and black pepper.
- Serve salad topped with spoonful of smoky eggplant and toasted flatbread.
This is very nice. The only thing I would change (maybe my yoghurt wasn't thick enough!) is to blend the eggplant mixture without the yoghur, then stir it into the yoghurt. Mine turned out a bit soup like!