Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Haven't tried these yet, but they sound good!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced green chilis
- 1 1⁄4 cups smoked cheddar cheese, finely chopped
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix liquid ingredients, including chiles but not cheese.
- Add liquids to dry ingredients and just mix to homogeneity. Stir in cheese.
- Use paper-lined muffin cups sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes.
These muffins had a great flavor, but were a little dry. I think next time I will not drain the pineapple and see if that helps. Made for ZWT 7-HOT PINK LADIES.
These were very good. I can't say I enjoyed the addition of the pineapple, but will just omit next time. Very easy to make.
These are so delicious! Such an awesome flavor to these muffins. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.