Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A snack with a rich, savory flavor...Perfect for all those sports fans out there watching their favorite teams, or anyone looking for something to nibble on in front of the screen!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups grated smoked cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) canhickory-flavored whole almonds
- In large bowl, combine flour, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Add cheese, mixing well.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Knead dough with hands until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into rounds with a 1 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place rounds on greased baking sheets.
- Top each round with an almond.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store in airtight container.
Oh YUM! These are very easy and a great little snack. I actually ended up with more than 5 dozen. I also had to add just a bit of water to get the dough to come together - about 1-2 Tbsp. They smelled SO good in the oven - like a really great country breakfast. I'll probably increase the cayenne pepper or maybe try it with pepper Jack...mmm... I will certainly be making these again!