24 hrs 30 mins
Given to me by a friend I am posting it for safe keeping & fellow pepper heads enjoyment! Vinegary based pickled hot peppers that I love because you can keep them in the refrigerator indefinitely without canning - but cold pack if you wish! Heat varies depending on pepper type and seed and membrane you choose. Also, slice chunky, thin, long--however you choose. I guessed on yield and prep time. **Original recipe calls for 1 cup of salt but that was too salty for me. Salt to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1WEARING GLOVES, wash peppers and cut into bite size pieces. Leave seeds in every 6th or 8th pepper depending on how hot you want them.
- 2Add peppers and brine together in kettle or glass bowl. DO NOT USE ANYTHING PLASTIC IN THIS MIXTURE - BOWLS OR SPOONS!
- 3Stir and let stand over night. Continue to stir whenever you get the opportunity.
- 4In each jar add one clove of garlic in bottom of jar and fill each jar with pepper/brine mixture. Add second clove of garlic to the top of jar.
- 5Keep refrigerated if not canned!
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Smokers" (Hot Pickled Peppers)
Serving Size: 1 (7012 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.1
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: