Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy supper dish with an impressive ingredient that packs a powerful flavour punch.
- 250 g penne
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 150 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 100 g rannoch smokery cold smoked venison, cut into strips
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 ml double cream
- handful flat leaf parsley
- 25 g parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan; add shallots, mushrooms and garlic and fry till shallots are cooked and golden.
- Toss in strips of Rannoch Smokery Cold Smoked Venison,.
- Take the pan off the heat
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Mix the cream and the egg yolks in a bowl and season to taste.
- Add the egg and cream mixture to the shallots and mushrooms, and then toss in the drained pasta.
- Add chopped parsley and stir through.
- Garnish with some extra Rannoch Smokery Cold Smoked Venison, and top with grated parmesan cheese.