Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make these when you have some beautiful fresh herbs. This is different and delicious because of the fresh herbs, garlic and pepperoni in the mayo mix. It makes a very special sandwich. If you like, you can also use this as a filling for lavosh wrapped sandwiches. Roll them up, chill them for an hour, and cut on the diagonal for a very nice lunch presentation.
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 slices pepperoni, minced
- 3 ounces brie cheese, sliced thin and at room temperature
- 1 lb smoked turkey slice, very thin
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 head spinach leaves, washed well and dried thoroughly
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- Cut 6 small (one-person size) baguettes in half.
- Mix together mayo, cilantro, oregano, garlic and pepperoni.
- Spread evenly over the baguette halves.
- On 6 halves, now layer the brie first, spread a bit to fill in gaps, then turkey, tomatoes, avocado, and season with s&p.
- Top with spinach.
- Put the other half of the baguette on top of the filling mix.
- This can be refrigerated for about 2 hours, but any longer and the avocado will start to darken.
This sandwich is fabulous. wonderful blend of flavors. I loved it. Did not cahnge a thing
Five stars doesn't begin to do it justice. This is one of the best combinations of flavors and textures I've had in a very long time, but it may be because I love all of the ingredients on this sandwich. First of all - I followed the recipe to the letter. I had a few qualms about the pepperoni - pepperoni? I thought it had to be a misprint. But - knowing LLBunny as I do, I was more than willing to trust and went ahead and added the pepperoni. Now I understand why it is there. It adds a wonderful touch of flavor I can't quite describe, but let's just say if it wasn't there the sandwich would be missing something. The herbed/jazzed up mayo is wonderful - I can see using this on any turkey sandwich. This sandwich was rich, refreshing, satisfying, FANTASTIC. I absolutely love it, and I absolutely will be making it WITHOUT CHANGES again in the future. I can't imagine anything that would make this sandwich better. Thank you, THANK YOU, LLB! Perfect combination!
I haven't made these, so wont rate until later, but wanted to address your brown avocado. if you mush it up with a little lemmon juice rather than slice, it should not brown. just a thought