A bit extravagant but well worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb smoked trout fillets or 2 (8 ounce) whole smoked trout
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons creamed horseradish
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper
- 7 tablespoons sour cream or 7 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1Skin and fillet the smoked trout ensuring you remove all the bones.
- 2Roughly flake two of the fillets in the bowl of a food processor, reserving the remaining two for later.
- 3Add the butter, lemon juice, horseradish, cayenne pepper, nutmeg and a good seasoning of black pepper.
- 4Pulse to combine.
- 5Transfer the mixture to a bowl and flake in the remaining trout fillets.
- 6Fold in the sour cream, add the chives and stir well to combine.
- 7Check the consistency, adding more lemon juice if required.
- 8Place a spoonful of the pate on each serving plate with a large handful of watercress and wedge of lemon.
- 9Serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Trout Pate
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.7
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 460.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g