- 1 lb smoked trout fillet
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons creamed horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper
- 7 tablespoons sour cream (I use light)
- 4 tablespoons chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin the trout fillets removing any bones. Roughly flake half of the tout in a food processor.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, horseradish, cayenne pepper, nutmeg and a good seasoning of black pepper. Pulse to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and flake in the remaining trout. Fold in the sour cream and chopped chives.
- I serve this with pita bread triangles and chopped red onion and capers.