From the "Smokin" cookbook Makes about 1 1/2 cups, may be doubled easily for a large crowd. This recipe is to be made using a stove top smoker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Smoke the trout according to the recipe Stove Top Smoker Smoked Whole Trout. (See related recipe).
- 2Cool to room temperature.
- 3Pick over the trout fillet, removing any fine bones or pieces of skin but leaving the trout in the largest pieces possible.
- 4Stir the trout, cream cheese, scallions, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together gently in a mixing bowl until blended, leaving the trout in smallish pieces. (For an even chunkier spread, beat all the ingredients except the trout together, then gently fold in the trout)
- 5Taste and stir in a little more salt and/or pepper if you like.
- 6The spread may be made up to two days in advance and stored, covered in the refrigerator.
- 7Bring to room temperature and sprinkle the chives over the top before serving.
- 8If you're making canapes or stuffing celery with the spread, sprinkle a little of the chives over each.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Trout and Chive Cream Cheese Spread
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.8
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.8 mg
- Sodium 397.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g