Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Jillian L
My husband and I love jambalaya with smoked sausage. We usually make it with chicken but this was very good with ground beef. It was easy to make and my family sure liked it. The garlic and green onion made this very savory in flavor. Great job. Nurse Di, we love your recipes and hope you never stop posting them.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage in Dutch oven until browned; remove from skillet and discard drippings.
- Combine ground beef, green pepper, onion and garlic; cook until beef is browned.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sausage.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
- Add rice and water to meat-vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.