Recipe by Dwynnie
I found the original of this recipe on About.com by Lee Custer. Very good and easy! Lee grills his steaks, but we have started smoking ours and they are great!
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
This was a very nice marinade that we all enjoyed. It was easy to put together and the flavor is great. We love to smoke and can't wait to try this on the smoker. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄4 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce or 1⁄8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flank steak in sealable plactic bag and add remaining ingredients. Note: Soy sauce will (naturally) make the marinade more salty.
- Rub marinade into steak and marinate for 6 to 12 hours. Turn bag over at least four times during marination.
- If grilling: Grill or broil flank steak over hot hardwood coals for about 8-10 minutes a side.
- If smoking: Heat the smoker to 250 degrees F and smoke until tender. For 3 flank steaks (essentially double/triple the recipe), smoke for 1 1/2 hours.
- When done, slice the flank steaks across the grain in thin strips.