12 hrs 20 mins
I found the original of this recipe on About.com by Lee Custer. Very good and easy! Lee grills his steaks, but we have started smoking ours and they are great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flank steak in sealable plactic bag and add remaining ingredients. Note: Soy sauce will (naturally) make the marinade more salty.
- 2Rub marinade into steak and marinate for 6 to 12 hours. Turn bag over at least four times during marination.
- 3If grilling: Grill or broil flank steak over hot hardwood coals for about 8-10 minutes a side.
- 4If smoking: Heat the smoker to 250 degrees F and smoke until tender. For 3 flank steaks (essentially double/triple the recipe), smoke for 1 1/2 hours.
- 5When done, slice the flank steaks across the grain in thin strips.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked/Grilled Ultimate Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.8
- Calories from Fat 497
- Total Fat 55.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 231.3 mg
- Sodium 2354.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 74.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: