In '300 Best Casserole Recipes' by Tiffany Collins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1In a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Saute garlic and green onions for about 2 minutes or until tender.
- 4Whisk in flour and saute for 1 minute.
- 5Gradually whisk in milk, salt, and pepper; reduce heat and simmer, whisking constantly, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in Gouda and Parmesan until melted.
- 7Stir in macaroni.
- 8Spoon into a greased 8 cup (2 liter) casserole dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 9Bake in preheated 350° oven for 20 minutes or until bubbling.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.4
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.4 mg
- Sodium 709.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 19.7 g