Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
In '300 Best Casserole Recipes' by Tiffany Collins
Make and share this Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute garlic and green onions for about 2 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk in flour and saute for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk, salt, and pepper; reduce heat and simmer, whisking constantly, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in Gouda and Parmesan until melted.
- Stir in macaroni.
- Spoon into a greased 8 cup (2 liter) casserole dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for 20 minutes or until bubbling.