Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Taste magazine, they used plain chicken but I wanted to try smoked chicken and it was delicious.
- 2 smoked chicken breasts (I used honey cured)
- 50 g sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons of your favourite aioli or 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf, finely shredded
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- In a large bowl combine two thirds of the almonds with the celery, cherry tomatoes, aioli (or mayonnaise) and lemon juice.
- Shred the chicken with your fingers into small bite size pieces and add to the salad along with the mint.
- Gently mix to combine and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, place about 3 cos lettuce leaves on each plate. Divide the chicken salad between the plates and sprinkle with remaining almonds.